When buying or selling property in California most will find that the process is multilayered. The real estate transaction is riddled with potential complications for those who aren’t experienced enough to know what to expect when things don’t go exactly as planned. Luckily, there are experienced attorneys out there who can assist you in handling every nuance of the southern California real estate transaction. For many buyers and sellers of real estate, the real estate attorney is a major asset.
What is the Role of a Lawyer in a Real Estate Transaction?
- To represent your interests throughout the transaction
- To review and/or prepare relevant documents, i.e. purchase agreements, closing documents, etc.
- To review evidence of title; ensuring that the home is “clean”, i.e. free from easements, leins, etc.
- To make arrangements regarding title transfer
- When representing the buyer, to handle title insurance
- To set up payment and facilitate the transfer of funds through secure channels
For many, the buying or selling of real estate will be one of the largest transactions of their life. This makes the real estate transaction fairly high stakes for most people involved, thus it’s very important to get the right assistance; especially if you are new to the real estate industry or are new in the region in which you are purchasing or selling. It’s important to note that a broker or real estate agent doesn’t have the same ethical obligations as a licensed attorney. Non-lawyer parties involved in the deal will not always urge you to act in your own best interests.
Protect yourself in your next southern California real estate transaction by contacting The Law Office of the Law Office of Ernesto Aldover today. Our southern California real estate attorneys can help make sure the process goes smoothly.